Thursday, April 23, 2015

Inspired Stamps DT Thursday

Hello Everyone, I hope you are having a great week and getting a bit crafty in the midst of all your other responsibilities.  I know some weeks are hard for me to find time to create something.  This week was one of those weeks.  My oldest daughter came home from her first year away at college yesterday and I had to prepare her a place.
The window in front of my craft desk cracked and I had to move all my stuff into another space, since she was away at school, I chose her room.  They came and repaired the window and found another crack, so I have to wait for them to come back a second time, so I do not want to move all my crafty goodness just to have to move it again so I kept it in her room, well now she is home and window is not yet replaced.  Ughhh!!! What to do with all the stuff.  So yesterday I had to do some clever rearranging so she would have a place for her stuff, which seemed to multiply while she was away.  Isn't it funny how our stuff, especially our crafty stuff does that?  Anyhow onto my project for this week.
This week was DT choice and I have been waiting to do something with this paper mache cross I found at Hobby Lobby 80% off at Christmas.  I paid 0.20 cents.  I thought to myself, "for 0.20 cents I surely will find a use".  I found this great stone paper from one of my BoBunny paper packs, I think it was Enchanted Garden.  I decoupaged the paper to the cross and added this verse, which is a great reminder of the safety we have in the Lord, even when everything around seems to be out of control.  The stone reminded me of a tower, I also wanted some greenery to symbolize the "new life" we have in Jesus.  I made a rolled rose and colored some white paper twine with Distress Inks and now I have a beautiful reminder of the safety I have in Christ.  I tried to make the leaves look like a vine that would wrap its' way around the tower.
Have a great week and remember the Lord is our strong tower.
Check out the Inspired Stamps blog for more inspiration and the Etsy shop for more stamps like this 2 X 2 individual scripture Prov 18:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment